Laura Fitton began her Bentley presentation by running late and broadcasting to us that she would be here soon. She did so using qik.com, a website that allows live, streaming video from a phone onto the internet. When she did arrive, she spoke mostly about her experiences using Twitter. The most interesting thing, in my opinion, that she explained to us was the branching effect that Twitter has. When one person posts something on Twitter, it reaches all of her followers. The followers, in turn, post the same thing if it is important to them, which reaches all of their followers. The effect continues. I believe that Fitton said she saw a post about a family in the south in trouble because of the hurricane. She posted it as her status, and the message kept going.
Interestingly, Fitton does not work for Twitter. However, she does go around promoting the use of Twitter for business and personal use.
Overall, and I do not mean to offend, I was not overly impressed with her presentation. Twitter has its uses, some of which are practical and important. However, I do not plan to use Twitter all that much. It does not interest me, and that is likely why her presentation had the same effect on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment